Two demonically challenging games filled with diabolical wall-to-wall
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(One or two players)
- Press 0 (zero) on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- BLOCKOUT and BREAKDOWN will be alternately displayed on your TV
- Press 1 to play BLOCKOUT. The object of the game is to blast through
the blocks in the barricade in the shortest amount of time.
- The scoreboard at the top of the screen signals the function of
the two hand controls. One hand control will activate the Power
Bar. The other hand control will activate the demons. The roles
of the hand controls will automatically reverse after each game.
- The can play against another player or against the computer. Signal
the computer you are in the game by moving the joystick of your
hand control. If the computer does not receive a signal from one
of the hand controls, it will take over its function and play
against you. If the computer does not receive a signal from either
hand control, it will play itself.
- The Power Bar is moved left and right by pushing the joystick
in the desired direction. The longer the bar is moved in one direction,
the faster it will travel until it achieves maximum speed.
- The player controlling the Power Bar presses the action button
to bring a Blockbuster into play. The Blockbuster will always
come in from a random direction. When the Blockbuster hits the
Power Bar, it will rebound into the fourth dimensional barricade.
Each time the Blockbuster hits the barricade, a block in the barricade
- The best breakthrough time for each player will be indicated on
the scoreboard at the top of the screen. A digital timer is between
the player's score indicators. Each player has 90 seconds to try
and break through.
- If the Blockbuster hits the left side of the Power Bar, it will
rebound to the left side of the screen. If it hits the right side,
it will rebound to the right. The rebound angle will be twice
as steep from the center half of the Power Bar than from a hit
on the outer edges. The Blockbuster's speed and trajectory will
increase as it cuts through each successive wall of the barricade.
- If you miss hitting the Blockbuster with the Power Bar, press
the action button on the hand control to bring a new Blockbuster
to the screen. You have an unlimited number of Blockbusters available
during the 90 second duration of the game - but you cannot have
more than one Blockbuster on the screen at a time. Each Blockbuster
will come on-screen from a random direction.
- The electronic demons are moved left or right by moving the joystick
of the hand control in the desired direction. Only one demon may
be moved at a time. The particular demon in motion is determined
by the vertical position of the joystick and the action button.
To move the demon in the lowest row, pull you joystick towards
you. Leave the joystick in the middle (neutral) position to move
the demon in the second row. Push the joystick away from you to
move the demon in the third row from the bottom. Push the action
button to move the demon in the top row.
- The demons have the power to replace disintegrated blocks and
rebuild the barricades. They have two power sources - one on each
side of the screen. When a demon touches one of its power sources,
it will start flashing and will replace a block when it is moved
to the missing block's position. The demon will then stop flashing
and must be recharged at a power source. An uncharged demon will
fall off-screen if he tries to cross a gap in the wall or has
a block disintegrated from under him. He will reappear automatically
after a penalty delay.
- The winner is the player who breaks through the barricade in the
shortest time over a pre-determined number of games.
- The games will reset automatically after each 90 second period.
(One or two players)
- Press RESET on the alpha-numeric keyboard. Press 0 (zero) - then
- The object of the game is to destroy as many of the blocks on
the screen as you can within 60 seconds.
- The control of the Power Bar is the same as in BLOCKOUT but the
speed of the Blockbuster and its trajectory are not affected by
the blocks in the barricade.
- The control of the demons is the same as in BLOCKOUT - but they
will move twice as fast (which is something to watch) as in BLOCKOUT.
- You can play against another player or the computer by signaling
the computer with the hand controls as in BLOCKOUT.
- The digital scoreboard contains the timer, the number of blocks
left on the screen and the lowest scores in the game series for
each of the players.
- The game will reset automatically after each sixty-second period.
- The winner is the player who leaves the fewest number of blocks
on the screen after a predetermined series of games.