Protect earth from a sinister invasion of
mysterious unidentified flying objects!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This protects the electronic components and extends the life of the unit.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console. SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(One or more players)
- Press SPACE on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- You are now in command of one of Earth Federation's robot-controlled battle cruisers. It is displayed at the center of your screen.
- Your ship is armed with a laser cannon and protected by an energized force field.
- Press the action button on the right hand control to fire your laser cannon. It will fire in the direction indicated by the white dot in your force field. The white dot will rotate to aim in the direction your ship is traveling. You have an unlimited supply of ammunition.
- Use the joystick of the right hand control to maneuver your ship on the screen. Move the joystick in the direction you wish your ship to travel.
- You will encounter three types of UFO's. The first simply drifts randomly in space. A more sophisticated version seems to carry special equipment that enables two of them to link when sensors detect your spacecraft. The result is an infinitely more dangerous hunter-killer UFO with search and destroy capability. The third kind of UFO has been tentatively identified as a light-speed starship armed with computer-guided missiles.
- All three types of UFO's will disintegrate if hit by your lasers or if they come in contact with your force field.
- Your force field will be drained of energy when you fire your lasers or if it comes in contact with any UFO.
- Your ship will travel at half-speed while your force field is recharging. Your recharging force field starts out black and becomes blue (on color TV). Your force field will not protect your ship until it is fully charged as indicated by the blue signal.
- Your ship will disintegrate and your turn is over whenever your ship comes in contact with any UFO if your protective force field is not intact.
- The score of the current game is shown at the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- The highest score in the game will be displayed at the lower left of the screen. Six question marks will request the name of the high scoring player. The high scoring player enters his or her name through the keyboard. The computer will accept any name up to six letters. If the name is shorter than six letters, press the space bar to erase the remaining question marks. The score and player's name will remain on the screen until a higher score is achieved in succeeding games.
- A new Earth Federation battle cruiser will automatically appear on the screen each time one of the fleet is destroyed.
- To start a new scoring cycle: Press RESET and then press SPACE.